Monday, March 23, 2009

Life as a preschooler is a picnic in a pretty dress...

Today was the official first day of developmental assessments... UGGGHH!! I will admit, though, that it is going pretty smoothly, and the kiddos are actually having fun with it! While I was inside having my floppy little munchkins attempt (most unssucessfully) to walk heel to toe on a straight line, Miss. M had the pleasure of taking the rest of our class outside for an afternoon picnic. What fun!
On another note, a new trend our girls have picked up is claiming (Everyday) that they are wearing a "brand new pretty dress that" their mommy bought them and they cannot possibly step foot in the sand box in fear that it will get dirty (hmmm... peculiar... I am pretty sure I saw you wearing that "brand new pretty dress" last week, missy!). Anyway, my point is, are they trying to impress eachother with hot new threads? Are they in some sort of unspoken competition with eachother, trying to "one-up" one another? Are they pretending to be princesses in their "pretty dresses"? OR are they simply just a little confused about what "brand new" means? i haven't made up my mind yet.
It makes me laugh every time I hear one of their little lies about their latest fashions, though, because it reminds me of... I dunno... maybe myself a little? You know, inocently trying to revamp last season's sun dress.... avoiding the fact that it may be a year old... but shh...

Just one of many things that I guess I find in common between myself and my students... hmmm more on that later!

xoxo
Miss. E

No comments:

Post a Comment