Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Once More You Open the Door…

I have a serious issue.  SERIOUS issue. I get songs stuck in my head all the time.  ALL THE TIME.  Right now I have some sort of strange running loop of Celine Deon

“Near… far… WHEREVEEEEER YOU ARE”

 and that rap song that goes

don’t got no money”

This is ridiculously annoying because really? Celine Deon? From Titanic? But, even worse, and as Miss E. can back up these facts, I can NEVER EVER EVER remember the correct lyrics.  We’re not talking about knowing all of the right words to the hot new Clay Akin (hehehe) song, it’s much more serious than that, I am unable to remember the correct words to ohhhh say The Itsy Bitsy Spider. I can never remember if it’s “out comes the sun” or “up comes the sun”.  But whatevs.

Being a preschool teacher this is a problem. A big problem. We sing Every. Single. Day. Usually I just conveniently stop singing the few words I can’t remember, or sing really quietly and let the little voices take over my own.  (Similar to when we had recorder recitals in elementary school and I never learned how to play Hot Crossed Buns and so I just moved my fingers and pretended like I was playing the recorder…)

But really? Honestly? I graduated from college.  I know incredibly obscure facts.  I wrote a 40 page paper about medieval literature and views about sexuality.  WHY can’t I remember the words to the itsy bitsy spider?!?

xoxo (or is oxox??)

Miss. M

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. with arms wide open...wait, that's not a journey song...

    ReplyDelete